almost jumping



|

envelopes...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I came home today to a couple of envelopes from colleges.

envelope 1 said I did not get accepted into the Honors College at the UW. (I'm already in the school, this is just a special program for smart kids... apparently I'm not smart enough)

envelope 2 said I got into Gonzaga University in Spokane, Wa. This is the school my mom really wants me to go to, but I don't really like it, actually, its kinda last on my list. Still, I'm pretty happy that now I'm into two universities-- I have a choice. Then, I was going through the papers, and I realized I have a $34,000 scholarship to Gonzaga ($8,500 each year). I almost fell over. Thats soooo much money. This is a great thing, but also kinda a bad thing because now my mom wants me to go there even more. Holy Shit. Did you see that? A school wants to give me $34,000.

It snowed today, I was running to the bus stop in this cold, wet snow rain. To get to the metro stop by my school you need to go down this wooded road. It was so beautiful with the snow falling on the trees. Then I got hit with a strong urge to see one of my friends from last year. I think of snow and I think of him. I wish he could be with me today.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3