almost jumping



|

police chase!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm still amazed at how fast time passes. One second I was up in Canada, the next I was in Seattle at a terrible heavy metal concert. I tagged along with my friend to see a band that she is friends with play. Before they played I had to sit through three terrible screamo bands. They were just boring, everything was the same. I guess I just don't appreciate people screaming and calling it music. And then my friend left me to go make out with some drummer, so I was left alone. I don't really fit in well at heavy metal concerts. I mean, I didn't go there dressed in a pink miniskirt or anything, but I wasn't dressed head to toe in black like everyone else. And when my friend (who looks more hardcore than i do) left, i had no one to talk to. When you look kinda preppy at a concert, people don't approach you. I hate that people think that the way you look defines what kind of music you like. I may not dress like it, but yeah, I DO like rock music. I'm never going to change the way I look just because of the type of music I listen to. So there. After being left alone for a while, the bassist from the band that we were there to see came out and found me and took me backstage to meet my friend and hang around with the band. That was fun. And then, after several hours of bad music, they played. I was impressed, these boys (The Quiet City) are only 17 and 18, but they are pretty good. It was more punk than screamo, which made me happy. I'm definetly glad I went. After the concert we helped them pack up their instruments and then we went out to Denny's. It was probably 1 am. I didn't know where the Denny's was that they wanted to go to, so I followed the guitarist. We got on to I-5 and he went speeding down the freeway, way faster than the speed limit. Then he started changing lanes, back and forth, all across the freeway. And I followed him, weaving back and forth. Then came a police car, who pulled them over! I'm lucky they didn't pull me over as well. Anyway, the boy just told the police that he was completely sober and he was just driving crazy to piss his friend, who was following him (me), off. The police let him go, and we made it to Denny's where we drank hot cocoa and ate croutons. It was a fun night.

Yesterday I dragged myself out of bed after a few hours to follow another friend (actually, the sister of the girl I went to the concert with) to her school. She goes to the UW. I went everywhere with her for the day and we had a great time, I loved her history class- we learned about the bubonic plague, and it was really fun to go to her french class. I talked to her professor afterwards and she said my French was probably better than hers... which is not true at all, her accent is parfait. But I was really flattered. I love the UW, its weird for me to think that I could be a student there...

Ahh! What will I do with my life!!
(Joyeux Anni Gilles! Tu me manques.)


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3