almost jumping



|

AR is Lovin SIFF


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been driving all over the city all weekend long. But my waste of gas has all been for very good causes. On Friday night I drove to the U District to the U Village Starbucks to meet my friend Erin. This girl is incredibly sweet, I love hanging out with her. After that we went to the UW and hung out with one of her friends in her dorm room. We sat around talking for several hours. Everytime I go with Erin to the UW I feel like it is my school, that I should be a student there too. I know my way around the campus, I know a ton of kids that go there, I feel completely comfortable. I still think I'm going to school there. I don't know if I'm making a mistake by going to Chicago when I know I'd be happy at the UW. Think of the money I could save.

I worked on Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday after work the Danish exchange student from my school met up with me. She's been here for nine months, so there isn't much she hasn't seen. I dragged her accross town to go and see the Seattle Public Library, then we walked to the International District to go visit Uwajimaya. We sat around in an awesome little park drinking bubble tea and eating egg rolls and japanese chocolates.

We drove back to West Seattle to pick up two more friends from the ferry and then all four of us went to the Seattle International Film Festival. We debated for a bit about what to see and ended up seeing "Un Jour d'été", which is directed by Franck Guérin. It was very beautifully shot, and pretty powerful. And the boys in the movie were absolutely beautiful. I forgot how hot French guys are. The girls in it were gorgeous as well. Seeing this movie makes you think every French person is incredibly attractive. After the movie ended the lights went up and the director was there to answer our questions. I wasn't expecting this at all, he was a really nice guy and I ended up going down in the end and talking to him a little bit about the movie. I loved the movie, but if I knew that directors were going to be there I would have end to the movie across the street-- "Les Poupées Russes". Which is one of my favorite movies ever. If I got the chance to talk to Cédric Klapisch I would be deliriously happy.

This morning I gave my friends French Toast and then we all went to Folklife. Folklife is this huge crazy festival filled with awesome music, food, and crafts. We walked around for about three hours exploring. The best thing about Folklife is watching the people. There are so many different types of people that go to Folklife. Its a hippie festival, everyone dresses crazy and is really open and friendly. When I was about to buy an ear of corn we ran into a friend who had just gotten back from Sasquatch. He told us all about it-- he volunteers at the Vera Project so he got to help set up for concerts backstage. He met the Shins, Sufjan Stevens, Iron and Wine... and had a snowball fight with the lead singer of the Flaming Lips. (There was a hailstorm). He was glowing with excitement and happiness. I'm jealous as hell, but I had a pretty awesome weekend as well.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3