almost jumping



|

work


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday after I left the YMCA I noticed I had a message on my cellphone. I picked it up, called the answering machine and shivers were instantly sent down my spine. It was a guy with a thick French accent speaking, and I know that anyone who calls me with a French accent is most likely one of my bosses from work. I'm terrified of my bosses. I guess it doesnt make sense, none of them have ever been mean to me or anything. They are just so harsh, so proper. Scary French men. They can be really funny, but I still am frightened of them. Whatever they say, I'll do. Work 20 hours in a day? Yes sir. Work on a school day? I'll see if I can change my schedual around. Jump out the window? Open it for me, and I'm out. It was the owner of my restaurant, asking me if I could work at his other restaurant for a night. This is really a pretty big deal for me. I remember when I was hired the other busser told me that they might eventually give me shifts at XO Bistro, the second restaurant owned by our bosses. But I never really thought It'd happen. So, next week, I'll train for a day and take a shift there. Apparently I'll be given shifts at both restaurants during the summer. The only thing that sucks is the first day I work at XO I'll have to work at Maximilien from 8:30 until 4, then XO from as soon as I can get there until 10pm. Then the next day I'm back at Maximilien for eight hours. I might pass out.
But I'll be making money.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3