almost jumping



|

Damnit Janet!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night at 10pm I was sitting at home, knitting a scarf and watching The Goonies when Brit called and told me that we were going to go out to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Admiral Theater.

This was such a crazy experience. I went over to her house and we spent the next two hours getting dressed. I had to wear a black miniskirt and red fishnet tights... and a corset. Her mom had to sew the corset onto my bra so it fit right, and then they tightened it so I couldn't breath at all. I almost fell over when she was pulling it tighter and tigher. Dear God, I am so happy I'm not a prostitute, they must take so long to get dressed.



At midnight I drove us to the theater and we could hear people yelling before we got in. The theater was crazy! People were all dressed up in costumes, lots of girls were just wearing underwear or really really short skirts. Personally, I think the movie is bad. It just makes no sense to me, its so incredibly random. BUT the experience is so much fun. We screamed out things all throughout the movie, did the "Time Warp" and threw things! You throw rice during the wedding, toilet paper rolls when they say "Great Scott!", you also throw toast and cards in the air, but I forget why. When it rains in the movie we covered our heads with newspapers and sprayed the air with squirtguns! There were lots of other things like this, it was amazing! Everyone knew what to do and say. One thing that made it really great was that they had a cast of actors acting out the movie on the stage in front of the screen at the same time as the movie played.

By the end of the movie I was really happy but I was in extreme pain from the corset, my stomach hurt and I could barely breathe. When we FINALLY got back home to Brittany's (after a 3am Jack in the Box run) she cut me out of it with some scissors. I have never felt so much relief in my life. Its funny, a corset is supposed to make you skinnier, but it made me FEEL fatter because I was all squished into it.

What a fantastic Saturday night. I'll post pictures once Brit sends them to me.

Is this an American thing? Or do they do it all over the world? They really should.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3