almost jumping



|


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I like my job, I like working with people. But its recently began to really, really suck. I've worked at GH since August, and so far, I've only made $400 (thats around $3/day-- but I don't work every day). Do you see that number?? Its the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I can easily babysit for three days and make $400. The problem is that they never want me to work, I only work about an hour and a half a week. I guess this is probably because I'm the least experienced person on the staff, but I'm not getting more experience by not working. Yesterday, I got called in to work because one girl got pinkeye, she was still out this morning so I went into work from 9-1. Then the girl who was supposed to come in at 1pm was really really late. I mean, I'm late sometimes, but not 30 minutes late, who does that? Does she not want a job? As I was there, working like crazy, waiting impatiently for her to come, I was freaking out. I had an interview for college that I was almost late for.

My interview was for Northwestern University in Evanston, Il. I think it went really well. I don't know if my applications are great, but I'm really good at interviews, I'm good at talking to people and selling myself. Then I found out that this other guy from my school was getting an interview there too... thats not good for me. How likely is it that two kids from our silly little island high school will get accepted? Its not going to happen. And this boy is really great, he's the school president and a really great guy (but he's also a cocky asshole), I don't know if I can beat him.

On verra.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3