almost jumping



|

dining


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday my best friend and I went to the New Angkor Market after eating delicious Pho up in White Center. We walked all up and down the rows of the market looking at all the crazy Asian foods and products. We stumbled upon bins of kitchen supplies at the end of the store. There were colorful plastic bowls, butcher knives, little tea cups, rice strainers, and all sorts of things. We bought ourselves a pack of 12 utensils. The pack cost us $1.39 and now we each have two forks, two spoons, and two knives to take with us to college. They are crappy little pressed metal utensils with yellow-orange plastic handles. You may see this as trivial, but these are my first forks and knives of my adult life, I'm going off on my own and now I have something to eat with! Its one little piece of growing up that I now have.

Last night... fondue, champagne, and SPICE WORLD the Movie! It was also my first real goodbye, to a friend of mine who is leaving today to go to USF. How crazy that we're all finally starting to drift off to college. I should probably be embarassed that I sang along to the Spice Girls during that movie-
I still know every word to all their songs! It was a strange contrast. I was sitting with my friends, celebrating us moving on to the real world, while watching a movie from when we were all little kids. We don't really want to grow up, do we?

Spice Girls: We're the Spice Girls, yes indeed. Just Girl Power is all we need. We know how we got this far...
Ginger Spice: Strength and courage and a Wonderbra!
Spice Girls: Would this work with only one?
Baby: Just with me I have no fun.
Spice Girls: Would this work with only two?
Scary Spice: We need more for what we do.
Spice Girls: Would this work with only three?
Sporty: Three's a crowd, bad company.
Spice Girls: Would this work with only four?
Posh: No way, girl, we need one more!
Spice Girls: Listen up, take my advice - we need five for the power of Spice. Give it up, give it out, take a stand, scream and shout! One, two, three, four, five - Spice Girls!

(this is probably the worst movie i've ever seen.)


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3