almost jumping



|


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night was one of those perfect nights. I went to Van Asselt feilds in South Seattle to play frisbee. I know my city fairly well, but this is one part of town that is completely foreign to me. I've really started to love it, there is more to see everytime I drive down there. What is so interesting is the people that live there, the neighborhoods down on that end of town are extremely diverse. My neighborhood is also very diverse, but we have mostly a mix of Japanese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and Cambodian. Van Asselt has a large Somalian and Ethiopian population as well, last night when I was down there I saw about twenty little Somalian boys and girls running around playing tag. They were little kids, but all the girls wore long dresses to the ground and headscarves, the boys also had long robes on and sometimes little hats. I love seeing this mix of culture alive in my city, it makes me really proud of wear I live. I wish I could take pictures of all the people I see over there.

The ultimate game was really fun, I'm the youngest woman out there playing, but I'm definetly not the worse player. Everyone is so friendly and accepting and there are some really awesome players. The heat made playing really difficult, but we stuck it out. Afterwards we went out for Pizza at Stellar's in Georgetown. I've been to this restaurant a few times and its probably one of my favorite places in the city. The food is good, but thats not what makes me like it. It just has an amazing atmosphere, the restaurant is retro and trendy and they play amazing music. Its so laid-back-- a huge contrast from the restaurant I work in. I loved talking to the women at the restaurant. Its a special group of people, everyone is from different backgrounds and they are all very interesting. I spent the most time talking to a woman from Tel Aviv, Israel. She went to college at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and has been living in Seattle for a few years since that. She likes it here, but she says that she wants to move back to Israel soon, if she stays here a couple more years she'll make enough money that she'll be well off in Israel (she works for Microsoft). It was interesting to listen to her talk about the war and get a perspective from an Israeli on everything that is currently happening there. I'm really worried about everyone in Lebanon and Israel right now.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3