almost jumping



|


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm reading this book right now about Elena and Nicolae Ceaucescu. Its absolutely enthralling. I think this is where I realize that I'm kinda an odd kid, and that I actually am a huge nerd. I've always been fascinated by the really morbid things that have happened in the past. I don't know why, I can't explain it. I mean, its not like I'm obsessed by dead things or anything. I suppose I'm just interested in how societies can go wrong and how people can let tragedies happen (or even create tragedies). As a little kid I read book after book about the Holocaust, and one of my favorite books was "50 Greatest Wisconsin Crimes". The Wisconsin crime book was amazing, I read about murders and bombings to and from elementary school on the school bus. The school systems of the US and France have failed miserably in their efforts to give me a rounded education. It wasn't until two years ago that I even heard of Ceaucescu and all the terrible things he did in Romania- and I'm sure if you asked all the kids in my high school if they knew who this man was all except for five or six kids would say they had no clue who he was. There are so many things that I want to do and learn, I just hope that I find time for them all.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3