almost jumping



|

I got in!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Such a crazy emotional day. Everything was good at school. I laughed more than I thought was possible in English class. We acted out scene 4 from Hamlet, which was hilarious, then we had extra time so we played heads up four up which was fun. I love the kids in my english class. But then, one boy in my class said "hey, did you get into northwestern?" and I said "huh?". We both applied to the same school, and he had just gotten an email that said he wasn't accepted. I got out of class, ran to the library, and found out that I didn't get in. This really upset me, I really wanted to go to school at Northwestern, which is in Chicago. I applied to four easy-ish schools, and four schools that are very difficult to get into. I got into NYU which is probably the easiest to get into of the four, the two hardest to get into are Pomona and the University of Chicago. Since I didn't get into Northwestern I pretty much had to assume that I wouldn't get into the other schools I wanted to go to.

I was kinda depressed and upset. Then I got home, went to the mailbox, grabbed the mail and saw a fat envelope from the university of Chicago. And I burst into tears and cried so hard. I'm so happy I got into that school. This completely validates all the hours of working my ass off to do well in high school. I don't know if I'll actually get to go there, but I want to soooo badly.

I'M SO HAPPY.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3