almost jumping



|

Bumbershoot!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Best weekend!

I worked for five hours on Friday, then I went straight to my friend Christine's cabin on Lake Wenatchee. I spent the next day sitting around doing nothing which was a brilliant way to end the summer. Relaxing. For me it wasn't even the "last weekend of the summer" but the last weekend of freedom. I've had summer for the past 15 months, its hard to end.

Then we went to Bumbershoot. Seattle's biggest music fesival. On Sunday I saw the Pharcide, Talib Kweli, Common, the Posies, Mofro, and Israel Vibrations. Common and Talib Kweli were amazing, I am now a huge fan of both of them. We stayed from noon till 11pm. In the middle it started pouring down rain, which I was not prepared for, I didn't have a coat and I was wearing flipflops. My flipflops broke. I must be a hard walker or something, the thing between the toes snapped and the shoe completely fell apart. Then I was walking barefoot in the rain in Seattle Center. I managed to beg the guys at the ducttape wallet stand to lend me some duct tape and my friend taped my shoe to my foot.

Annnnddd on Monday I went back to Bumbershoot and saw the Decemberists (good!!), Dashboard Confessional (ehhhh.), Kinski (very good, but I wish they'd sing...), and the Brazilian Girls (fun). It was a pretty damn amazing weekend.


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3