almost jumping



|


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night I had French class... its a little weird that I'm doing this all backwards, taking French class AFTER I move to France, not before. But I don't always chose the easy way. I'm taking an Advanced French course at a local community college, the class has six other people in it- all of them are about 30 years older than me. Some of them are completely terrible, and others are fairly good. I think I'm the best. I can actually speak in it, when I talk, even if the grammar is fucked up, I still sound like I'm fairly comfortable saying what I'm saying. Living in Seattle is easy to loose the French I've learned because I have no one to talk to. My friends who went to Spanish speaking countries can go up to White Center and find a bazillion people to talk to, but there are essentially zero people living here who speak French. So I'm taking this class to keep things up, learning the language in reverse. Its been going pretty well so far, I'm learning WHY I say the things I say. But there are difficult parts when the teacher (a Parisian ballet instructor...) demands me to give her the imparfait first person plural form of some random verb. I can do it, if I think, but I never sat down and learned conjugation like everyone else. I just say what seems right.

I have my first real job interview tomorrow. For a bakery. Whoever thought I'd end up working in a bakery?


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3