almost jumping



|

Voting


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night was crazy. I camped out in a friend's room for hours, watching the election returns with three other kids. I was doing my homework as the results rolled in, so I managed to be social and productive at the same time. We had this huge map on his wall with all the states, on the states were written the numbers of the districts that were swing districts, these numbers were written on in the color that they were leaning. We circled them in the color of the party that actually won them. And we shaded in the states as Senate positions were won.

This is such an exciting day to be an American. Let's recap:
The House of Representatives is now ran by the Democrats! AND the new House Speaker is Nancy Pelosi, the first woman to hold that position.
The Senate could potentially belong to the democrats... it all depends on Virginia. And we won't know that result for months and months.
But even if we don't get it, we still can be exceedingly pleased that only Democrats won new seats, no new seats were won at all by the Republicans.
To top that off, Rumsfeld is scared of Democrats, so he resigned.

Nice work America, you are looking better with each passing moment.

update: the dems have the senate!!! fuck yeah!!!!! i can be proud to be an american again!!


About me

  • I'm Anna Rae
  • From Tunis, Tunisia
  • A 20 year old spending the fall in Tunis, Tunisia through a program with Oregon State University.
    Pictures are on my Flickr.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives




Links


Blogs


ATOM 0.3